Movie outfits have started submitting their scripts and film entries for the 38th Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) 2012. The submitted entries will then be reviewed and considered until the MMFF selection committee come up with the official list of entries that will be shown Christmas day.
Here are some of the movies/scripts that were submitted by their respective production outfits for consideration in the MMFF 2012:
- ER Ejercito’s Scenema Concept International – El Presidente and Ben Tumbling
- Unitel Pictures – Lola Basyang Story
- GMA Films – Coño Problems (Bianca King, Aljur Abrenica, Solenn Heussaff, Isabelle Daza, Mikael Daez)
- Star Cinema – Vice Ganda and Kris Aquino movie and One More Try (Angelica Panganiban, Dingdong Dantes, Angel Locsin)
- Octoarts Films – Si Agimat, Si Enteng and Me (Bong Revilla, Vic Sotto, Judy Ann Santos)
- Quantum Films – horror movie The Strangers (Julia Montes, Enrique Gil, Enchong Dee) and Tuhog (Eugene Domingo)
- Brilliante Mendoza and Solar – Sa ‘Yo ang Sinapupunan (Nora Aunor)
- Adolf Alix’s Deus Lux Mea Films – My Prince Charming (Iza Calzado, Mario Maurer) andDeath March (Cesar Montano, Zanjoe Marudo, Jason Abalos)
- Mother Lily’s Regal Entertainment – Shake Rattle and Roll 14 (Lovi Poe, Dennis Trillo, Vhong Navarro)
To summarize, the MMFF selection committee will be screening 6 drama, 2 fantasy, 2 comedy, 2 horror, and 1 romantic comedy movie to make it to the official list of MMFF 2012 entries. The official list of entries to the 38th MMFF 2012 is expected to be announced this coming June 30.